Close up view of the patented ShakerTank semi trailer from LCL Bulk Transport

In the CDL world, Class A truck drivers have the option to earn additional endorsements. These endorsements allow the truck driver to operate certain types of vehicles and transport certain types of goods. With each CDL Class A endorsement, it’s possible to earn more money and receive better truck driving job opportunities. At LCL Bulk, we are looking to hire both entry-level and experienced truck drivers with at least an (N) Tanker Vehicle endorsement.
Apply Today!
Let’s look at all the CDL endorsements available to Class A truck drivers. If you want to further your trucking career, it could pay off in the long run to get some more endorsements to open up more jobs for you.

CDL Endorsements Available for Class A Drivers

As you search the jobs for truck drivers, you will see a variety of CDL endorsements listed. Here are some of the CDL Class A truck drivers’ endorsements you could earn.

  • (H) Hazardous Materials Endorsement (HAZMAT)
  • (N) Tank Vehicle Endorsement (Tanker)
  • (P) Passenger Transport Endorsement
  • (S) School Bus/Passenger Transport Combo Endorsement
  • (T) Double/Triples Endorsement
  • (X) Tanker/HAZMAT Combo Endorsement

We will look at what each one allows permissions for and how to achieve the endorsement.

(H) Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT)

Truck driving jobs that require the (H) Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT) CDL Class A endorsement will naturally pay more because the driver must transport flammable/combustible gases, liquids, or other explosives. To receive this endorsement, you must take an HME written exam and complete the TSA Security Threat Assessment application. The TSA does have a list of disqualifying offenses that will keep you from getting this endorsement. You must submit your fingerprints and show two forms of ID, plus take a written exam(s) in the future to renew your endorsement.

(N) Tank Vehicle

The (N) Tank Vehicle endorsement pays better than having no CDL endorsements at all, but it’s not as hazardous as the truck driver jobs that require a Hazardous Materials endorsement. The Tank Vehicle endorsement allows you to operate a tanker truck with either a temporary or permanent tank attached. These vehicles safely transport liquefied gaseous material or liquids. To achieve this endorsement, you must take a written test before you can take any tanker-related trucking jobs.

(P) Passenger Transport

Aside from looking at trucking jobs that transport hazardous and non-hazardous materials, some CDL Class A jobs also include those that transport passengers. With the Passenger Transport endorsement, you can also operate a vehicle that carries passengers, such as a commuter bus. This endorsement requires that you take a written test and a road skills test.

(S) School Bus/Passenger Transport

Among the various CDL Class A endorsements, one you might not think about is the (S) endorsement that allows commercial drivers to operate a school bus. To achieve this CDL endorsement, you must take a written exam, perform a road skills test, submit a special form, have a background check performed, and follow all the laws outlined with your state’s DMV.

(T) Doubles/Triples

Over-the-road (OTR) trucking jobs that require the (T) Doubles/Triples endorsement state that you can tow both a double and a triple trailer. This CDL endorsement only requires that you take a written exam but will naturally pay more because of the additional responsibility of another trailer.

(X) Tanker and Hazardous Materials

The highest-paying CDL Class A trucking jobs include assignments that require the (X) Tanker/HAZMAT endorsement. This endorsement states that you can transport hazardous materials located inside of a tanker vehicle. To pass this endorsement, you will need to take a written exam. However, if you don’t want/need to acquire this endorsement, there are ways to find high-paying truck jobs without transporting hazardous materials.

LCL Bulk is Hiring Entry-Level/Experienced CDL Class A Drivers

At LCL Bulk, we are looking for a variety of Class A CDL truck drivers. We have many CDL jobs to fit a variety of skill levels and endorsements. Whether you are an entry-level or experienced CDL Class A truck driver, there is a spot for you on our team.

Aside from the exceptional truck driver salary offered to our CDL Class A truckers, we offer the following benefits as well:

  • Guaranteed transition pay
  • Referral bonuses
  • Paid holidays/personal days
  • Low-cost medical, dental and vision insurance

Our truck driving positions will never require you to transport hazardous materials since we are a food distributor. Our specialty lies in soybean oil and liquid chocolate transportation. In fact, we are one of the largest chocolate haulers in the nation.

We are currently hiring CDL Class A truck drivers in PA, WI, IL, IN, MI, NJ, and NY. Apply with LCL Bulk today!
Apply Here


To speak to a recruiter call:

   +1 855-525-2855

Call Now Button